Sunday, November 22, 2015

Gratitude

I have had a busy, busy last couple of weeks. Slowing down to focus on my blog has been difficult so I tried to figure out why. I think it has more to do with really dealing with what has been going on and less with finding the time. I have spent several days in California with my parents as my dad has been dealing with heart problems and health issues. I think it is at these times when our reality is shaken and what we know to have always been and is shaken that I struggle to stay on task and focus on anything other than the life issue. We are a week from Thanksgiving and this has really had me thinking about what I am grateful for and am I truly showing my gratitude for these things. I chose to spend time in prayer determining if I knew what I am thankful for and do I realize how important these things are.


It saddens me that sometimes critical events are what bring focus to us on what is most important. My family, my parents and siblings, are not the center focus in my life very often anymore. As I have gotten married and had children that focus has really shifted. We get busy with our lives and drift apart. My children are now at places in their lives where they will begin to experience this and I have wondered if I am prepared to experience this at this time. It’s not as though I can say, “I'm not ready”, and then it doesn’t happen. So, I am as ready as I can be and we will see. 

Image retrieved from the glorious and lovely pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment