Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The importance of gratitude...

I have been studying like crazy and have conquered the storm of mid-terms well. I was surprised at how well things went but then I thought about how many times I have prayed for help or guidance or to just be able to finish what I have started. I know these things have not happened because I have done something spectacular. They have happened because I have prayed, prayed and prayed some more. I have done all I can and then have asked for guidance getting through this ordeal of school. I love what I am doing and I know that there are great blessings for me and my family as I strive to do all that I need to do to finish this choice of school that I have made. I know that every time I turn to the Lord whether it’s for guidance in a decision, making a choice about a class or giving thanks for the help I have received, I know my prayers are heard and I know that is how I am getting through this trying time. It is very important that we give credit where it is due. I am grateful for my family and all of the support they are giving me as I have made it half way through my first of many semesters. They have done everything from laundry to cooking to anything I think to ask for help with. WE have made it through the first half of the first semester. Thank you!!
I recently came across a beautiful talk by President Monson entitled, “The Divine Gift of Gratitude” from October 2010. There is an incredible quote that reads, “My brothers and sisters, do we remember to give thanks for the blessings we receive? Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God’s love.” It is so easy to drop to our knees and ask for help in times of crisis but we MUST also remember to give thanks for all that we are given. This is an incredible article and I would urge everyone to read it.
Here is a link to the article:

No comments:

Post a Comment